In 1992, a trio of brothers formed a band that would produce one of the most addicting songs of the 90’s… MMMBop. The group comprised of Isaac (16 when MMMBop came out), Taylor (14) and Zac (11). Although their biggest hit was nearly 15 years ago, the band is still together and making music. Let’s take a look at Hanson “then” and “now”…
- Hanson appeared on Carman’s “Yo! Kidz: The Vidz
- All three began playing their respective instruments, and formed a garage band
- Released album “Middle of Nowhere” on May 6, 1997, selling 10 million copies worldwide
- Hanson was nominated for three Grammy Awards in 1998, including Best New Artist
- Their most successful single, MMMBop was nominated for two Grammys
- On May 6, 2007, the 10th anniversary of Hanson Day, the band re-recorded their first major label album (Middle of Nowhere)
- On June 8, 2010, Hanson released their 8th studio record, “Shout It Out”, debuting at number 30 on the Billboard 200
- Issac was married in September of 2006, and has two sons
- Taylor was married in June of 2002, and has four children
- Zac was married in June of 2006, and has a son and daughter
image from pastemagazine.com
It’s great to see that Hanson is still together, and doing well! Have a good one everybody!
Let’s continue the countdown with the two best rappers of the 1990’s, Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G.
Great songs from 90’s: Keep Ya Head Up, Dear Mama, Changes
Tupac had so many big hits, and was the second best rapper during a time when rap music was probably in its prime. The day that Shakur was shot, and subsequently died six days later was a very sad day. I was only five years old, so I honestly don’t remember it happening, but little did people know, less than a year later, another amazing musician would be taken from this world way too soon.
3. The Notorious B.I.G.
Great songs from 90’s: Big Poppa, Juicy, Mo Money Mo Problems, Hypnotize
“Biggie Smalls” won two Billboard Music Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, and a Soul Train Music Award. On top of that, he also was nominated for four Grammy Awards. Aside from these accomplishments and accolades, the impact that he had on the rap music world was tremendous. He worked with Lil’ Kim and Junior M.A.F.I.A., and was the one who got Sean Combs’ (P. Diddy, Puff Daddy) career started. His murder is still unsolved, nearly 15 years later, but The Notorious B.I.G. is without a doubt the greatest rapper of the 1990’s.
Stay tuned for the revealing of the top two singers/bands of the 1990’s soon!