Ross Hull: Where are they now Wednesdays?
The first Where are they now Wednesday post was on baseball player Mo Vaughn. This next one is on Ross Hull. Who is Ross Hull you may ask? Well, I did not recognize the name at first, but after some brief research, I discovered that the leader of the Midnight Society in Are You Afraid of the Dark, Gary, was played by actor Ross Hull. If you remember, I chose Are You Afraid of the Dark as the number one Nickelodeon show of the 90’s, and Hull was obviously a key member of that show. Let’s review how Hull’s career began with AYAOTD, and how he has changed since then.
- Hull began his acting career in 1987 with the film, “Nowhere to Hide”
- He appeared in shows such as: Ready or Not, Student Bodies, and made one appearance on Stargate Atlantis
- Hull started with AYAOTD on its series premiere, October 31, 1991
- He played the role of Gary, the leader of the Midnight Society, from 1991-1996
- Hull graduated from Ryerson University in Toronto, with a bachelor’s degree in Radio and Television Arts in 2004
- In January 2005, Hull became a weather personality on Canada’s “The Weather Network”
- On December 15, 2008, Hull left The Weather Network and became a reporter for Citytv Calgary
- On September 8, 2010, Hull became the weather anchor for “A Channel” in London, Ontario where he forecasts the weather for London and the entire region of Southwestern Ontario
- In June 2011, Hull became a weather anch0r for CTV Southwestern Ontario based in Kitchener
I gotta say, minus the glasses, I think that Gary, I mean Ross looks exactly the same. Good to see he’s still doing television work, although I don’t think that many expected this. Oh well. It was fun to see how Hull’s life has changed, and also going back to his AYAOTD days. Don’t forget that every Wednesday there will be a Where are they now post. If there is anyone in particular that you want me to talk about, please please please tell me! The second caption contest winner will be announced tomorrow, so get your comments in ASAP!
Have a good one everybody!
No comments yet.